Rice noodles are great for a stir-fry as they only need a soak in water before adding to the pan.
Standing Time:10 minutes
- Half pkg (454 g) thin rice stick noodles
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry sherry
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) cornstarch
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Beef Grilling Steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) no-salt added beef broth
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Carrot
- 1 each Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red and Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Bean Sprouts
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Coriander or Parsley
In large bowl, soak noodles in water according to package directions; drain and set aside.
In medium bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch. Add beef and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. In medium bowl, whisk together broth, black bean garlic sauce, remaining soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and ginger; set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat half of the oil over high heat. Add beef mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to plate. Add remaining oil to wok and reduce heat to medium-high. Add garlic, onion and carrot; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add peppers and beans sprouts; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice noodles, broth mixture and beef, stirring to coat. Stir-fry until heated through. Sprinkle with coriander.
- PROTEIN: 18 grams
- FAT: 12 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 67 grams
- CALORIES: 446
- FIBRE: 4 grams
- SODIUM: 1040 mg