Quick, tasty and local, this stir-fry is quicker than calling for take-out. Serve over rice or rice noodles.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Asian chili garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Boneless Beef Grilling Steak, cut across grain into thin strips
- 1 package (454 g) Ontario Baby Bok Choy, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds
In small bowl, whisk together, 1/4 cup (50 mL) of cold water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
In wok or large deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry beef in batches for 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside; transfer to bowl.
Add remaining oil to skillet. Stir in bok choy and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 3 tbsp
(45 mL) of water. Cover and stir occasionally for 3 minutes or until bok choy is tender-crisp. Stir in beef with any accumulated juices and reserved sauce. Stir-fry until sauce thickens, 1 minute. Stir in sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- PROTEIN: 20 grams
- FAT: 11 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 5 grams
- CALORIES: 198
- FIBRE: 1 gram
- SODIUM: 405 mg