It's hard to make fresh sweet corn taste any better, but a slash of light cream does it by adding a nutty flavour. The peppers, onions and sage turn it into a perfect side dish to serve with meat or poultry.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) Ontario Sweet Corn Kernels (4 to 5 ears)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped Ontario Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 Ontario Green Onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Sage or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried sage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
In large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add corn and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in green onion, sage, cream, salt and pepper; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
When recipe serves 6:
- Protein: 5.0 grams
- Fat: 6.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28.0 grams
- Calories: 186