Ginger gives this salad a great island flavour. An excellent way to use leftover cooked Ontario corn on the cob.
- 1 cob Ontario Sweet Corn, grilled and cooled
- 1 bunch Ontario Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced Ontario Red Onion
- Half Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) regular or light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ontario Liquid Honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
With sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cob and place in large bowl. Add broccoli, onion and red pepper.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, ginger, honey, salt and pepper; toss with salad. Chill before serving.
Nutrients per serving
1 Serving (when recipe serves 6):
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17 grams
- Calories: 289
- Fibre: 4 grams
- Sodium: 440 mg