- 1 1/3 cup (325 mL) shortbread cookie crumbs (12 cookies)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) melted butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Ontario Carrots (3 to 4)
- 3 pkg. (250 g each) light or regular cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 3 Ontario Eggs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) water
- ¼ cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded Ontario Carrots
Combine ingredients; mix well. Press into 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
Simmer shredded carrots in water to cover for 5 minutes. Drain and remove excess liquid. In food processor combine carrots, cream cheese, sugar and maple syrup; process until completely smooth and evenly coloured. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until just blended. Pour onto crumb crust and bake at 300°F (150°C) for 45 minutes or until centre is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
In small saucepan simmer water with sugar for 5 minutes. Add shredded carrots and simmer 5 minutes. Drain well and scatter on top of chilled cheesecake.