Carrots provide an interesting variation to this traditional favourite. These pancakes are excellent as a crispy partner for roasted chicken, pork or fish. Serve with Dill Yogurt Sauce.
- 3 cups (750 mL) Ontario Carrot, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Ontario Potato, peeled and shredded
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Ontario Onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
Dill Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain regular or low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
In large bowl, combine carrot, potato, onion and beaten eggs until well combined. Stir in flour, parsley, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon about 2 tbsp (25 mL) carrot mixture into pan; flatten slightly. Fry on both sides until golden brown; drain on paper towel. Keep warm in oven while preparing remainder, adding more oil as needed. Serve with Dill Yogurt Sauce.
Dill yogurt sauce:
In small bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, dill and lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Protein: 4.5 grams
- Fat: 5.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 15.0 grams
- Calories: 123