Here’s a perfect way to use up leftover poultry. Turkey can easily replace chicken in this tasty dish.
Baking Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 Ontario Onions, chopped
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (25 m L) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each dried oregano and salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked Ontario Chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Ontario Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low-fat Ontario Sour Cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) mild or medium taco sauce
- 10 medium flour tortillas
In large skillet, cook onions, garlic and mushrooms in oil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, oregano and salt; cook for 15 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, 3/4 cup (175 mL) of cheese and sour cream; mix well.
Spread 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the taco sauce in 13 - x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Spread about 1/4 cup (50 mL) filling down centre of each tortilla; roll up, folding in ends. Place, seam side down, in dish. Spread remaining taco sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. (Recipe can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.)
Cover and bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Garnish: Serve with additional sour cream, salsa and chopped fresh coriander, if desired.
1 serving when recipe serves 6:
- Protein: 22.0 grams
- Fat: 25.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 45.0 grams
- Calories: 508
- Fibre: 4.0 grams
- Sodium: 1140 mg