Yummy and easy, these spirals can be prepared ahead, making them ideal for entertaining. Bite-size spirals appeal to young guests. For a change, try different-flavoured wraps and use Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño.
Baking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Makes (dozen spirals, approx.: 4
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Goat Cheese, softened (about 4 oz/125 g)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chipotle barbecue sauce (or family favourite)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Ontario Carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup/125 mL)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Ontario Cooked Chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Ontario Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Ontario Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Coriander
- 4 large whole wheat or flour tortillas (10-inch/25 cm)
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red Pepper, cut into 16 thin strips (about 1/4-inch/5 mm thick)
In bowl, combine goat cheese, barbecue sauce, cumin, garlic, carrot and onion. Stir in chicken, mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese and cilantro; combine thoroughly. Spread evenly over wraps, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. Place 2 strips of red pepper in a row, 1-1/2-inches (4 cm) from bottom edge of tortilla; repeat with another row above (total of 4 red pepper strips per tortilla). Starting at bottom, roll up each tortilla tightly. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
To serve, remove plastic wrap; trim ends. Slice each roll into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Bake on parchment paper-lined baking sheet in 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
Cooking Tip: If you don’t have any leftover cooked chicken, pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Freeze leftover shredded chicken in airtight container or freezer bag for later use. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- PROTEIN: 3 grams
- FAT: 1.5 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE:3 grams
- CALORIES: 40