This light and refreshing salad for warm summer days features fresh strawberries tossed with seasonal vegetables in a light dressing. Choose any selection of Ontario vegetables for the salad: cooked asparagus or sliced mushrooms are great. For convenience, use cooked chicken or turkey from the deli counter.
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Strawberries
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) torn Ontario Lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) slivered cooked Ontario Chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Strawberries, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
In food processor or blender, process strawberries, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Arrange lettuce on dinner plates. Top each with chicken, halved strawberries and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
- Protein: 23.0 grams
- Fat: 9.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 13.0 grams
- Calories: 225