Served as an appetizer or side dish, this Japanese inspired salad is crisp, cool and easy to make.
Chilling Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) white vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) finely shredded gingerroot
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sesame seeds
In medium bowl, place sliced cucumber. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, water, soy sauce and ginger. Pour over cucumber; stir well to coat. Chill for 15 minutes.
Drain well, then squeeze dry. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1 Serving (1/2 cup):
- PROTEIN: 0.5 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 2 grams
- CALORIES: 48
- FIBRE: 0.5 grams
- SODIUM: 125 mg