Here’s an express route to a robust curry that’s full of Ontario fruit and vegetables. Serve over rice.
- 1 Ontario Leek (white and light green parts)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) yellow curry paste or 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot curry paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 Ontario Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) coconut milk
- 2 small Ontario Sweet Potatoes, peeled (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1 Ontario Pork Tenderloin (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 1 to 2 Ontario Apples, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Sour Cream
- Coarsely chopped fresh Ontario Mint or Coriander
Slice leek in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces. In large saucepan, combine curry paste and oil; heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add leek and onion; stir for 3 minutes. Stir in cumin and coconut milk; bring to boil.
Meanwhile, slice potatoes into pieces about 2 x 1/2-inch (5 x 1 cm) thick. Add to saucepan and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Meanwhile, slice pork lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick pieces. Stir into saucepan along with apples. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve garnished with mint.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 4):
- PROTEIN: 23 grams
- FAT: 33 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 34 grams
- CALORIES: 520
- FIBRE: 5 grams
- SODIUM: 300 mg