Deep and delicious, filled with mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni and cheese; topped with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil, this pizza is sure to delight everyone!
Baking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Ontario Onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) each chopped Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Yellow and Red Peppers
- 1 prepared pizza dough (500 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sliced Ontario Turkey Pepperoni
- 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) shredded Ontario Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 Ontario Cherry or Grape Greenhouse Tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sliced fresh Ontario Basil Leaves
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, cover and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer to bowl; let cool slightly.
On floured surface, roll dough into 12-inch (30 cm) circle; press into and up sides of lightly greased 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet. Spread pizza sauce on bottom of dough. Top with mushroom mixture and pepperoni; sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Top pizza with tomatoes and basil.
- PROTEIN: 16 grams
- FAT: 12 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 35 grams
- CALORIES: 306
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 520 mg