Here is a novel twist on pizza that kids of all ages will love. Set out shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and chopped tomatoes and everyone can customize with add-ins of his or her choice. It’s so good for you, yummy and fun!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario White Mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) pizza sauce
- 2-1/4 cus (550 ml) water
- 3 Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced ham
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) croutons
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shredded Ontario Mozzarella Cheese
In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, garlic, onion and seasoning; cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
Stir in red pepper, pizza sauce and water; bring to boil. Stir in tomatoes and ham; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until flavours have blended. (Make-ahead: Cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
Divide croutons among bowls; spoon soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- PROTEIN: 9 grams
- FAT: 8 grams
- CARBOHYDRATES: 18 grams
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- CALORIES: 180
- SODIUM: 290 mg