Fresh Ontario Greenhouse Veggies and grilled Ontario Asparagus are highlighted with a light and refreshing dressing. Toss all the ingredients together in a salad bowl or arrange them on a platter.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt (3% M.F.)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped Ontario Onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each granulated sugar and dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) each torn Ontario Greenhouse Leaf and Boston Lettuce
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Asparagus, grilled or broiled*
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Button Mushrooms
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Tomato, cored and cut into wedges
- Half each Ontario Greenhouse Red and Orange Sweet Peppers, slivered
In small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, chili sauce, onion, sugar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In large salad bowl, combine leaf and Boston lettuce. Slice asparagus into bite-size pieces and add to bowl. Add mushrooms, tomato and sweet peppers. Toss with Dressing to coat.
Snap off asparagus ends. Toss stalks with 1/2 tsp (1 mL) olive oil; season with pepper. Grill on greased grill over medium to medium-high heat until bright green and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Or, broil on baking sheet until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Protein: 4.0 grams
- Fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9.0 grams
- Calories: 50
- Source of fibre