Take advantage of summer's bounty and encase fresh tomatoes and zucchini in a flaky pastry.
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) cold butter, cut in pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 medium Ontario Zucchini, diced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each chopped black olives and fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 thinly sliced Ontario Tomatoes
In large bowl, mix flour with salt until blended; cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gather into rough ball. Press dough onto bottom and up side of 9-inch (23 cm) fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Prick all over with fork. Freeze 5 minutes. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely on rack.
In frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender. Cool to room temperature. In small bowl, mix olives with basil; scatter over crust. Top with zucchini and Parmesan. Arrange tomatoes in circular pattern, overlapping slightly. Serve immediately at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 5.0 grams
- Fat: 17.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20.0 grams
- Calories: 258