A take-out favourite made easily at home. This stir-fry scores on all accounts – fast, colourful and flavourful; perfect for those nights when you’re short on time.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 lb (625 g) boneless Ontario Beef Grilling Steak, cut in thin strips
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 each Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red Pepper and Orange Pepper, cut in thin strips
- 2 Ontario Onions, sliced in thin strips
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) beef broth
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
In wok or large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until beef is browned.
Add red and orange peppers, onions and mushrooms; stir-fry until tender-crisp about 3 minutes. Add broth and soy sauce; bring to a simmer. Cover and steam for 1 minute.
In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into meat and vegetable mixture. Cook stirring, for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
- Protein: 26 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrate: 15 grams
- Calories: 225
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 490 mg