It may be cold outside, but inside, you'll warm up to these delicious hash browns. For adventurous taste buds, use half sweet potatoes and half white potatoes.
- 2 lb (500 g) Ontario Baking Potatoes
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Peel baking potatoes and cut in half (they should be approximately even-sized). Cook potatoes in boiling salted water 10 minutes or until partially tender. Dice potatoes and reserve.
Cook bacon pieces in large hot pan until crisp; drain off fat and discard. Add butter, garlic and onion; cook until tender. Add diced potatoes and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper; toss with parsley.
- Protein: 6.0 grams
- Fat: 11.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 55.0 grams
- Calories: 343