Kebabs are a fun, quick and easy way to serve vegetables. Turn them into a meal by adding cooked, cubed Ontario pork or lamb and serve in a pita. (Makes 8 kebabs)
Standing Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through garlic press
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced Ontario Red Onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each red wine vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Ontario Greenhouse Mini Cucumbers
- Half each Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red, Yellow and Orange Pepper
- 24 Ontario Greenhouse Grape Tomatoes
- 8 leaves Ontario Greenhouse Boston or Leaf Lettuce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) crumbled Ontario Greek Feta Cheese
In small bowl, stir together yogurt, garlic, onion, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover dressing and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 1 day.
Kebabs: Cut each cucumber into 6 pieces. Cut each pepper into 8 chunks. On eight 8-inch (20 cm) bamboo or metal skewers, thread 1 piece each of cucumber, pepper and tomato; repeat twice.
Brush each kebab liberally with dressing; place on lettuce-lined platter or individual plates. Sprinkle with feta. Serve with remaining dressing.
Tip: Set out small bowls of prepared vegetables and have kids make their own kebab combination.
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Carbohydrate: 7 grams
- Calories: 60
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 107 mg