Keeping pasta in your cupboard ensures a quick meal on a busy weeknight – or any night of the week. If you like a little heat, add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes with the tomatoes and olives. Add some cooked chicken if desired. Serve with crusty bread.
- 8 oz (250 g) tagliolini or rigatoni pasta (about 4 cups/1 L)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry Ontario White Wine or sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 8 pitted black olives, sliced
- 3 Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Basil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded Ontario Asiago Cheese
In large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook peppers, garlic and onion until lightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add wine, olives and tomatoes; increase heat and bring to simmer. Cook, uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss. Stir in basil and sprinkle with cheese.
- PROTEIN: 11 grams
- FAT: 11 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 59 grams
- CALORIES: 389
- FIBRE: 5 grams
- SODIUM: 160 mg