Grilling bok choy adds to its flavour, while keeping its crunchy texture. This salad is ideal for a light summer meal!
Grilling Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each vegetable oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Honey
- 3 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) Asian chili sauce
- 2 Ontario Beef Striploin Steaks (8 oz/250 g each)
- 4 Ontario Baby Bok Choy (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Snow Peas, trimmed
- 4 Ontario Radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Ontario Mixed Greens
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
In measuring cup, combine vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic and chili sauce. Pour 1/4 cup (50 mL) over steaks, turning to coat; cover and set aside in refrigerator to marinate.
Meanwhile, trim ends from bok choy; cut in half lengthwise. In large bowl, toss bok choy with 1/4 cup (50 mL) dressing to coat. Grill over medium heat, turning once, for about 8 minutes. Return to bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let stand until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
Grill steaks over medium-high for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Let stand covered for 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water blanch snow peas for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain and plunge into bowl of ice water; drain and pat dry.
Drain any liquid from bok choy; cut each half in half again lengthwise and return to bowl. Add snow peas and radishes; drizzle a little of remaining dressing, tossing to coat. Place greens on large platter. Top with bok choy mixture and sliced beef. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with remaining dressing.
Tip: Use Chili-Garlic sauce instead for a different flavour combination.
- Protein: 33 grams
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrate: 18 grams
- Fibre: 4 grams
- Calories: 350
- Sodium : 825 mg