- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each vegetable oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Honey
- 3 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) Asian chili sauce
- 2 Ontario Beef Striploin Steaks (8 oz/250 g each)
- 4 Ontario Baby Bok Choy (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Snow Peas, trimmed
- 4 Ontario Radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Ontario Mixed Greens
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
In measuring cup, combine vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic and chili sauce. Pour 1/4 cup (50 mL) over steaks, turning to coat; cover and set aside in refrigerator to marinate.
Meanwhile, trim ends from bok choy; cut in half lengthwise. In large bowl, toss bok choy with 1/4 cup (50 mL) dressing to coat. Grill over medium heat, turning once, for about 8 minutes. Return to bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let stand until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
Grill steaks over medium-high for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Let stand covered for 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water blanch snow peas for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain and plunge into bowl of ice water; drain and pat dry.
Drain any liquid from bok choy; cut each half in half again lengthwise and return to bowl. Add snow peas and radishes; drizzle a little of remaining dressing, tossing to coat. Place greens on large platter. Top with bok choy mixture and sliced beef. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with remaining dressing.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 33.0 grams
- Fat: 16.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 18.0 grams
- Fibre: 4.0 grams
- Calories: 350