When it's hot outside, simply fire up the barbecue for this quick Asian-inspired dish. Any remaining salsa is excellent with grilled chicken or fish.
- 1 Ontario Pork Tenderloin, about 1 lb (500 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Tomato, diced
- 1 Ontario Sweet Orange Pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh Ontario Basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Red Onion, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil (approx)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red wine vinegar
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- 2 firm but ripe Ontario Pears
Place pork with soy sauce in dish just large enough to hold it. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight or simply marinate while grill is preheating.
Rub five-spice powder all over pork; sprinkle with generous pinches of salt. Place pork on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning occasionally for about 25 minutes or until barely pink in centre and meat thermometer registers 160°F (70°C).
Meanwhile, in bowl, combine tomato, orange pepper, basil, red onion, oil, vinegar and pinches of salt and cayenne. Peel pears; cut in half then core. Brush lightly with more oil. Grill during last 5 minutes of cooking pork, turning occasionally until barely tender.
Chop pears; stir into tomato mixture. Slice pork diagonally and serve with salsa.
- Protein: 25.0 grams
- Fat: 10.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17.0 grams
- Calories: 258
- Source of Fibre