Trout fillets cook quickly making this an ideal weeknight meal. Add some seasonal vegetables to the grill and you have a delicious, healthy al fresco dinner.
Grilling Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Ontario Rainbow Trout Fillets (8 oz/250 g each)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Ontario Honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 Ontario Zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, quartered
- 1 small Ontario Red Onion, quartered
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each Dijon mustard and fresh lemon juice
Place fillets in large flat dish. In small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce and garlic. Pour over fillets and let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss together zucchini, red pepper, onion, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, salt and pepper. Place vegetables in grill basket; grill over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove and set aside.
Place fillets on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork, about 5 minutes per side.
Roughly chop vegetables and place in medium bowl. In small bowl, whisk together remaining oil, mustard and lemon juice. Add to vegetables and toss. Cut each trout fillet in half and serve with grilled vegetables.
- PROTEIN: 25 grams
- FAT: 16 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 17 grams
- CALORIES: 311
- FIBRE: 10 grams
- SODIUM: 71 mg