Marinating Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless Ontario Lamb Short Loins, about 1-1/2 lb (750 g)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped fresh Ontario Oregano (or 1-1/2 tsp/7 mL dried)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch Ontario Spinach
- Half small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) black olives, pitted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey mustard
Place lamb in dish just large enough to hold the lamb in a single layer. In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour half over lamb, turning to coat evenly. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator, turning once during marinating.
Meanwhile, wash spinach well and spin dry. Tear leaves into bite-size pieces to make about 10 cups (2.5 L). In large salad bowl, place spinach, onion, feta cheese and olives; set aside. Whisk mustard into remaining dressing; set aside.
Remove lamb from marinade and discard marinade. Place lamb on greased grill over medium-high heat, grill until tender yet still pink inside, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Slice diagonally into thin slices.
Add lamb to spinach mixture and pour dressing over salad; toss and serve.
Boneless leg of lamb can be used in place of loins. Grill and cut into bite-size pieces.
1 serving (When recipe serves 6):
- Protein: 30 grams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Carbohydrate: 5 grams
- Calories: 350
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 530 mg