Keep the heat out of the kitchen and cook your meal outdoors. Perch fillets cook quickly and are delightful with this colourful grilled salad.
Grilling Time: 26 minutes
- 2 cobs Ontario Corn, husked
- 1 Ontario Red Onion, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil (approx.)
- 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) Ontario Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked shelled Ontario Edamame
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Thyme Leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh Ontario Perch Fillets (skin on), 12 to 16 fillets
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
Brush corn and onion slices with some of the oil. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat, turning often until lightly charred and tender-crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove vegetables as they are cooked.
Toss tomatoes with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the oil. Place in grill basket; grill, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly softened, about 5 minutes.
When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs and place in medium bowl. Chop onion and add to corn along with tomatoes and edamame. Whisk together 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil, vinegar, thyme, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt, pinch of pepper and garlic. Add to vegetables, toss gently and set aside.
Lightly brush fish fillets with remaining oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Place skin side down on large flat barbecue topper. Grill over medium-high heat until fish flakes easily with fork, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place fillets on large platter and drizzle with butter; serve with salad.
- PROTEIN: 27 grams
- FAT: 16 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 16 grams
- CALORIES: 312
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 275 mg