Using a grill basket with a nonstick finish keeps the summer heat out of the kitchen. Toss together this colourful stir-fry as the plums melt into the mixture, making a low-fat, naturally sweet sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.
Marinating: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 Ontario Pork tenderloin (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each soy sauce and Ontario Honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) minced gingerroot
- 4 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Oriental five-spice powder
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Snow Peas
- 1 Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Ontario Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large Ontario Carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 large ripe Ontario Plums (or 8 small), pitted and thinly sliced
Slice pork thinly against grain. Combine oil, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder in medium-sized bowl; mix in pork. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or for up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Combine peas, red pepper, onion and carrot in medium bowl.
Place pork in grill basket, cook on grill over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add plums; gently stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Stir in vegetables; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 20 grams
- FAT: 9 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 25 grams
- CALORIES: 250
- SOURCE OF FIBRE