Grilled to perfection and topped with tomato salsa, Fresh Ontario Trout makes for a healthy, mouth-watering meal.
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 Ontario Field Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Basil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red wine vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh Ontario Trout fillet(s)
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, gently combine tomatoes, cucumber, basil, vinegar and garlic; set aside.
Brush trout lightly with oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place trout skin-side down on greased grill over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; close lid and grill, about 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness) or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque. Remove fish with a long, wide metal spatula. Serve with tomato salsa spooned over top.
- Protein: 24 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Carbohydrate: 5 grams
- Calories: 200
- Fibre: 1 gram