Prepare this quick and easy version of an old favourite using leftover turkey and Ontario vegetables.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 large Ontario Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 8 oz (250 g) fresh Ontario Mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) turkey or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each dried thyme and sage
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) coarsely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked quartered red Ontario Potatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked diced Ontario Carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked sliced Ontario Parsnips
- 1 can (19 oz. 540 mL) white pea (navy) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) green peas (frozen or leftover)
In large deep skillet or shallow casserole, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms; cook for 7 minutes, stirring often. Sprinkle with flour; cook stirring 1 minute. Stir in broth, thyme, sage, and salt and pepper to taste; bring to boil, stirring. Reduce heat; add turkey, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, beans and peas; heat through.
Garnish with fresh herbs.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 38.0 grams
- Fat: 10.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 71.0 grams
- Calories: 526