Serve these flavourful koftas with cucumber yogurt, grilled pita bread and a chopped Ontario greenhouse salad.
Grilling Time: 8 minutes
- 750 g Ontario Ground Lamb
- 250 g regular Ontario Ground Beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried mint
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1 Ontario Onion, grated
- 2 slices dry or lightly toasted white bread
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain Ontario Yogurt
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) dried mint
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber, seeded, grated and squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- Chopped Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Sweet Red Peppers and Red Onion
In large bowl, combine lamb, beef, garlic, parsley, mint, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Squeeze grated onion to remove liquid; reserve liquid in medium bowl. Add onion to meat mixture. Soak bread in reserved onion liquid, for 3 minutes. Squeeze moisture from bread; add to meat mixture. Discard liquid. Season with salt and pepper; mix until just combined.
Form mixture into 12 balls; roll into football shapes about 1-1/2-inches (4 cm) in diameter. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, for 4 minutes per side or until thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 160°F (71°C). Serve warm with cucumber yogurt, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers and onion.
Cucumber Yogurt: In medium bowl, stir yogurt, mint, cucumber, garlic and pinch each of salt and pepper. Add lemon juice 1 tsp (5 mL) at a time.
- Protein: 33 grams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Carbohydrate: 14 grams
- Calories: 392
- Fibre: 1 gram
- Sodium: 280 mg