This colourful salad will be a hit with everyone in the family. Vary the vegetables with the best of the season and personal favourites.
- 8 oz (250 g) pasta, such as rotini or scoobido
- 2 Ontario Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 Ontario Celery stalks, sliced
- Half Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, sliced
- Half head Ontario Cauliflower or Ontario Broccoli florets
- 1 can (6 oz/170 g) tuna packed in water, drained or 7 oz (213 g) salmon, drained or 19 oz (540 mL) soya beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) favourite salad dressing, such as Caesar
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cook carrots, celery, red pepper and cauliflower in same pot with boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and cool.
In large bowl, toss pasta with cooked vegetables, tuna and dressing to coat. Spoon into individual plastic containers. Refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 days.
1 Serving (when recipe serves 6):
- Protein: 15 grams
- Fat: 29 grams
- Carbohydrate: 39 grams
- Calories: 477