When the summer heat is really on, the thought of turning on the oven can be too much. Here's a salad that's no sweat to make.
- 2 medium cobs Ontario Sweet Corn, husked and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1/4 lb (125 g) Ontario Green Beans
- 1 head Ontario Bibb or Boston Lettuce
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 can 6-1/2 oz/184 g) chunk salmon, well drained
- 1 Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Ontario Tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 black olives
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh Ontario Herbs (such as Basil, Parsley or Thyme)
- Salt and pepper
In large pot of boiling water, cook corn for 3 minutes until almost tender. Add beans and cook for 1 more minute. Drain and immediately rinse under cold running water to stop cooking. Drain well.
Arrange lettuce leaves over platter about 15-inches (38 cm) in size. Arrange beans on lettuce, followed by eggs, salmon, red pepper, corn and tomato. Scatter with olives.
In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste; drizzle over salad.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 31.0 grams
- Fat: 48.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 41.0 grams
- Calories: 720