Quick to prepare, this family-friendly dinner with a twist is sure to become a favourite.
Marinating Time: 30 minutes or up to 8 hours
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, pressed through garlic press
4 Ontario Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each rice vinegar and vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded Ontario Napa Cabbage
- 15 Ontario Snow Peas, diagonally sliced into thirds
- 1 Ontario Carrot, grated
In resealable freezer bag, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Set aside 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the marinade. Add chicken breasts to bag; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat 375°F (190°C); grill, covered, turning once, for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside and a meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C). Brush with reserved marinade.
In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, maple syrup, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add cabbage, snow peas and carrot; toss to combine. Serve with grilled chicken.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 28.0 grams
- Fat: 10.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 11.0 grams
- Calories: 244
- Fibre: 2.5 grams