This summer vegetarian meal scores big on flavour and simplicity. For a non-vegetarian option, add sliced grilled Ontario sausages.
- 3 cups (750 mL) Ontario Grape Tomatoes
- 3 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 2 Ontario Shallots, sliced
- 1 each Ontario Green and Yellow Zucchini, sliced (2 cups/500 mL total)
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 8 oz (250 g) rigatoni pasta (3-1/2 cups/875 mL)
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) white kidney or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups (750 mL) Ontario Baby Arugula or Spinach
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 oz (60 g) Ontario Goat Cheese, crumbled
Place grill basket on grill and heat to medium-high 375°F (190°C).
In large bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, shallots, green and yellow zucchini, oil, oregano and hot pepper flakes. Place vegetables in basket; grill, covered, for 15 minutes or until tomatoes burst and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Return to bowl.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook rigatoni according to package directions until tender. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cooking water. Add pasta, beans, arugula and vinegar to vegetables and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If pasta seems dry, stir in just enough reserved cooking water to moisten. Sprinkle with cheese and toss.
- Protein: 20.0 grams
- Fat: 11.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 74.0 grams
- Calories: 468
- Fibre: 9.0 grams