Here’s a quick and easy appetizer.
Baking Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 6 slices Ontario Prosciutto, fat trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) crumbled Ontario Goat Cheese
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) chopped black olives
- 2 Ontario Eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low-fat Ontario Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- Fresh Ontario Rosemary Sprigs
Coat 12-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray or lightly oil.
Press 1 piece prosciutto (folding to shape) into cup. Fill each with small amount of goat cheese and olives.
Whisk together eggs, sour cream, chopped rosemary and pepper to taste; divide among cups.
Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool on rack for a few minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature garnished with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Tip: This recipe can easily be doubled if you have a larger mini-muffin pan.
- Protein: 4.0 grams
- Fat: 2.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 1.0 gram
- Fibre: 0 grams
- Calories: 37
- Sodium: 220 mg