- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground cumin, coriander and salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each smoked or sweet paprika, garlic powder and pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each cayenne pepper and cinnamon
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless Ontario Lamb Leg, cut into 1-1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes
- 1 each Ontario Sweet Yellow and Red Pepper
- 1 Ontario Red Onion
- 8 Ontario Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
In small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne and cinnamon; set aside 2 tsp (10 mL) for vegetables. Toss lamb cubes with remaining seasoning mixture. Let stand 15 minutes.
Cut peppers into 1-1/2 inch (4 cm) squares. Cut onion into 8 wedges, keeping root end intact to keep onion from falling apart. Thread peppers and onions evenly among 4 skewers. Thread tomatoes between 2 skewers. Combine reserved seasoning mixture with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil; brush evenly over vegetables.
Thread lamb among 4 skewers, spacing slightly apart. Brush with remaining oil.
Place pepper and onion skewers on grill over medium-high or medium heat; cook for 10 minutes. Add lamb skewers to grill; cook until tender and desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove as they are done. Let meat stand a few minutes. Grill tomato skewers for a few minutes until lightly grilled.
Serve each person 1 lamb and 1 vegetable skewer. Slide tomatoes off skewers and divide among plates.
- Protein: 26 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Calories: 254
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 660 mg