These little quesadillas are a perfect appetizer for a casual get-together. Serve them alone or with a bowl of guacamole and/or sour cream.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 pkg (227 g) Ontario White Button Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario White Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 6 (6-inch/15 cm) corn tortillas
In large nonstick skillet, heat half the oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until softened and slightly coloured, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in coriander, jalapeño and cheese.
Arrange 3 tortillas on large baking sheet. Divide and spread mushroom mixture evenly on top. Cover each with second tortilla, pressing down gently.
Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the quesadillas until tortillas are golden brown and crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut each round into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.
- PROTEIN: 2 grams
- FAT: 3 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 4 grams
- CALORIES: 50
- FIBRE: 0 grams
- SODIUM: 50 m