Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta that is perfect for this Greek-inspired pasta salad. Serve with Ontario grilled chicken, pork or lamb.
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each dried basil and oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) orzo pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Ontario Tomato
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each diced Ontario Sweet Red and Yellow Pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced Ontario Red Onion
- 24 Kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Salad: In large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and place in large bowl. Stir in dressing.
Stir in tomato, cucumber, red and yellow peppers, onion and olives. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.
- PROTEIN: 8 grams
- FAT: 16 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 33 grams
- CALORIES: 302
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 320 mg