Parsnips, Apples and Brie: the perfect trio for a smooth, delicious soup that’s so easy to make!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled and chopped Ontario Parsnips
- 2 Ontario Apples, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 oz (125 g) Ontario Brie Cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- Ontario Red Apple, diced (optional)
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in onion; cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until starting to soften. Add parsnips, apples and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. In a blender or food processor, in batches, purée soup until smooth; return to saucepan. Stir in cheese; heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, just until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with diced apple, if desired.
If soup thickens upon standing, add more broth and reheat gently.
- 6 g protein
- 8 g fat
- 25 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 200 calories