For a show-stopping dessert, serve this creamy and delicious cheesecake topped with fresh ripe Ontario pears and apples nestled under a cinnamon streusel.
Baking Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes, Chilling Time: 4 hours
- 1 cup (250 mL) graham wafer crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 3 pkg (8 oz/250 g each) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Sour Cream
- 3 Ontario Eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each all-purpose flour and packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 medium Ontario Pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium Ontario Apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Crust: In bowl, combine crumbs, butter, sugar and ginger ; press firmly onto bottom of lightly buttered 9-inch (23 cm) nonstick springform pan.
Filling: In bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla until fluffy; beat in sour cream. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping side of bowl.
Topping: In bowl with fork, combine walnuts (if using), flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
Pour filling into crust; smooth top. Arrange pear and apple on top in single layer. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 70 minutes or until topping is golden brown, set around the edge and centre is just set. Run knife aro und edge of cake. Let cool completely on rack before removing sides of pan. Refrigerate, loosely covered, for 4 hours or until chilled.
Cooking Tips: A dark springform pan may cause edges to darken.
1 Serving (when recipe serves 16):
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 24 grams
- Carbohydrate: 26 grams
- Calories: 340
- Fibre: 1 gram
- Sodium: 195 mg