The sweet-and-sour mélange of strawberries and balsamic vinegar makes a delicious companion to the peppery steak. This relish is also delicious on chicken and pork.
Grilling Time: 8 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole peppercorns, cracked
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- boneless Ontario Beef Top Sirlin Grilling Steak, about 1-inch (2.5cm) thick
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped Ontario Strawberries
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Yellow Pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper
In small bowl, combine mustard, cracked peppercorns, salt and garlic; rub in even coating on both sides of meat. Grill steak over high heat or broil for about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
In bowl, combine strawberries, onion, yellow pepper, parsley, vinegar, oil, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Slice steak thinly across the grain and serve with salsa.
- Protein: 38 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrate: 9 grams
- Calories: 284