The sweet-and-sour mélange of strawberries and balsamic vinegar makes a delicious companion to the peppery steak. This relish is also delicious on chicken and pork.
Grilling Time: 8 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole peppercorns, cracked
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 750 g Ontario Grilling Steak (such as top sirloin or strip loin), about 1-inch (2.5cm) thick
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped Ontario Strawberries
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped Ontario Red Onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Yellow Pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley or Basil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) granulated sugar or Ontario Honey, to taste
- Salt and pepper
In small bowl, combine mustard, cracked peppercorns, salt and garlic; rub in even coating on both sides of meat. Grill steak over medium high heat or broil for about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board, let stand 5 minutes.
In bowl, combine strawberries, onion, yellow pepper, parsley, vinegar, oil, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Slice steak thinly across the grain and serve with salsa.
- Protein: 38 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrate: 9 grams
- Calories: 284