Serve this easy to make stir-fry over rice or noodles and if you like, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Change it up and use Ontario boneless chicken or beef grilling steak.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce (preferably naturally brewed)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each cornstarch and Ontario Honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Pork Tenderloin, sliced in strips
- 1 pkg (227 g) Ontario White Button Mushrooms, halved
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Celery
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each minced Ontario Garlic and fresh gingerroot
- 1 pkg (454 g) Ontario Mini Shanghai Bok Choy, sliced lengthwise in half
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh Ontario Pea Shoots
In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, 3 tbsp (45 mL) of cold water, cornstarch, honey, mustard and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
In wok or large deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork in batches until browned; transfer to bowl.
Add remaining oil to wok. Stir in mushrooms, carrots, celery, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add 3 tbsp (45 mL) of water. Cover and steam for 2 minutes. Add bok choy; cover and cook until bok choy leaves begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir min pork with juices and reserved sauce. Stir-fry until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in sesame oil and top with pea shoots.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 17 grams
- FAT: 7 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 11 grams
- CALORIES: 178
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 813 mg