Baking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 Ontario Pork Loin Centre Chops, bone-in (about 2 lb/1kg)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 firm, slightly under-ripe
- Ontario Pears, peeled
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) Ontario Parsnips (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into
- 2-1/2-inch (6 cm) pieces
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1 small clove Ontario Garlic, crushed
Brush roasting pan with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil. Place pork chops in pan; season with salt and pepper.
Cut pears into quarters and remove cores; cut each quarter in half. In small bowl, toss parsnips with remaining oil. Place pears and parsnips on and around chops. Cover with foil and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 minutes.
Glaze: In small bowl, whisk together mustard, maple syrup and garlic; brush over pork chops, pears and parsnips. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until parsnips are tender and juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside.
- PROTEIN: 37 grams
- FAT: 13 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 68 grams
- CALORIES: 534
- FIBRE: 8 grams
- SODIUM: 680 mg