Celebrate the harvest with this delicious pasta. Look for wonton wrappers in the refrigerated section of the produce department.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, cut into tiny pieces
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) cornmeal
- 1 tsp (5 mL) crumbled dried sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 36 won ton wrappers
- 1 Ontario Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly grated Ontario Parmesan Cheese
In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin purée, butter, cornmeal, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste. Working with 6 wrappers at a time, brush edges lightly with egg. Place 1 heaping teaspoon (5 mL) of pumpkin mixture in the centre of each. Fold over into triangle and press the edges to seal well. Place on a baking sheet and cover with damp tea towel; repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the ravioli in 4 batches, until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes per batch. Remove with a slotted spoon; gently toss with butter and parsley. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrate: 24 grams
- Calories: 190
- Fibre: 1.5 grams