Grilled corn adds a smoky, slightly charred flavour to this salsa. A great topping for fish, chicken and pork.
Grilling Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cobs Ontario Corn, husked
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 Ontario Green Onions, sliced
- 1 small Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, diced
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh Ontario Thyme or Parsley Leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Ontario Rainbow Trout Fillets, with skin (6 oz/175 g each)
Place corn on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender-crisp and lightly charred in places. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Slice off kernels. In medium bowl, combine corn, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil, onions, red pepper, garlic, vinegar and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Brush both sides of trout fillets with remaining oil. Season flesh side with salt and pepper. Place fillets skin side down on grill topper or aluminum foil over medium-high heat. Grill, covered for 5 minutes. Carefully, turn fillets over and grill until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve fillets with salsa.
Nutrients per serving
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 37 grams
- FAT: 14 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 11 grams
- CALORIES: 324
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 125 mg