An easy-to-follow and tasty one pan dinner with chicken, baby bok choy and carrots.
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 2 lb (1 kg) bone-in Ontario Chicken Thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each cold water and cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) diagonally sliced Ontario Carrots (about 2)
- 6 to 8 Ontario Baby Bok Choy, halved lengthwise (about 3/4 lb/375 g)
- Fresh Ontario Coriander Leaves
In medium bowl, stir together broth, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and garlic. Set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
Stir in broth mixture. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
In small bowl, stir together water, cornstarch and soy sauce; stir into skillet. Add carrots and bok choy. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, stirring constantly until bok choy is tender-crisp about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander.
- PROTEIN: 34 grams
- FAT: 25 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 9 grams
- CALORIES: 405
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 860 mg