Sounds unusual? It is but your family and guests will be amazed at how terrific it tastes. It freezes well after cooking so double the recipe.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 5 cloves Ontario Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Leeks (white and pale green part only)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Rosemary
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 4 medium Ontario Potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (about 3
- cups/750 mL)
- 1 lb (500 g) prepared pizza dough or unbaked pizza shell
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each shredded Ontario Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat; cook garlic, mushrooms, leeks, rosemary, salt and pepper, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms have released their liquid and leeks are tender. Toss potatoes in leek mixture to coat.
Press dough onto 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Top with potato mixture in overlapping concentric circles. Sprinkle with Cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is crisp and potatoes are tender.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 17 grams
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrate: 65 grams
- Calories: 510
- Fibre: 5 grams
- Sodium: 1042 mg