Cooking on a sheet pan allows for vegetables to be roasted which brings out their natural sweetness and flavour.
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Ontario Leeks (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) cubed (1/2-inch/1 cm) Ontario Butternut Squash
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen Ontario Corn Kernels
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen chopped Ontario Green Beans
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried rosemary leaves
- 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 4 cups (1 L) cubed cooked Ontario Turkey
- 1 sheet (225 g) frozen butter puff pastry, thawed and refrigerated
- 1 Ontario Egg, lightly beaten
- Fresh Ontario Thyme Leaves
In large bowl, toss together leeks, squash, corn, beans, oil, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the thyme and half each of the salt and pepper. Spread on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast in 450°F (230°C) oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add flour, remaining thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper; whisk for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add turkey; pour over vegetables, stir to combine.
Unroll pastry sheet, leaving on parchment paper. Roll pastry into 10- x 12-inch (25 x 27 cm) rectangle; cut into 8 pieces. Prick all over with fork; arrange over top of filling. Lightly brush with egg. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve topped with thyme leaves.
- Protein: 25 grams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Carbohydrate: 31 grams
- Calories: 425
- Fibre: 3 grams
- Sodium: 285 mg