Once the meat and vegetable sauce is made, it’s just a matter of layering it with uncooked noodles and cheese. Who knew lasagna could be this easy?
Slow-Cooker: 4 hours, Standing Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario Turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario White Button Mushrooms
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1 Ontario Carrot, grated
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pinch each pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups (1 L) prepared tomato basil pasta sauce
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (250 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 container (475 g) Ontario Ricotta Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Ontario Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
In large skillet, over medium-high heat, combine turkey, mushrooms, onion, carrot, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook, breaking up turkey with wooden spoon until turkey is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Place in large bowl, stir in pasta sauce.
Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the sauce over bottom of oval 6-quart (6 L) slow-cooker. Cover with 3 noodles, breaking as needed to fit in single layer. Spread one-quarter of the sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the Parmesan cheese. Cover with 3 noodles. Spread ricotta cheese evenly over noodles. Cover with 3 noodles. Spread one-quarter of the sauce; sprinkle with 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining noodles, one-quarter of the sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours, test with knife that noodles are tender. Unplug and let stand, covered for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- PROTEIN: 47 grams
- FAT: 30 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 58 grams
- CALORIES: 698
- FIBRE: 5 grams
- SODIUM: 1488 mg