This delicious and easy dip is perfect to make ahead for the holidays.
Refrigerate 1 hour or up to 3 days
- 2 Ontario Sweet Potatoes (about 8 oz/250 g each)
- 4 cloves Ontario Garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped fresh Ontario Coriander (Cilantro)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Fresh Ontario Coriander (Cilantro) Leaves
- Baked white corn tortilla chips
- Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber Sticks
Pierce sweet potatoes several places with fork; place on paper towel in microwave oven. Cook on High for 5 to 9 minutes or until tender. Cover with towel; let stand 5 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and slice garlic into food processor bowl; pulse to finely chop.
Scoop flesh out of sweet potatoes to yield 2 cups (500 mL); add to food processor. Add coriander, oil, lime juice, water, cumin, salt, chili powder and cayenne; process until puréed. Refrigerate in airtight container for 1 hour or up to 3 days or freeze. Bring to room temperature to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with tortilla chips and cucumber sticks.
- If you like, bake sweet potatoes in 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 to 60 minutes or untiil tender.
- Substitute chipotle chili powder to taste for the chili powder and cayenne.
1 Serving (2 tbsp/25 mL):
- PROTEIN: 1 gram
- FAT: 3 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 6 grams
- CALORIES: 52
- FIBRE: 1 gram