Quick and delicious is the name of the game for this decadent dessert pairing sensational strawberries and lots of chocolate.
Refrigeration Time: 8 hours or overnight
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35% Ontario Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) finely chopped Ontario Strawberries
- 2 pkgs (200 g each) chocolate wafer cookies
- 12 Ontario Strawberries, halved
- 1-1/2 oz (45 g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
In large bowl, using an electric mixer, on high speed, whip cream, sugar and vanilla until firm peaks form. Fold in chopped strawberries.
On bottom of 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan, spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the whipped cream mixture. Place 7 of the cookies in single layer around outer edge, leaving a bit of space between each and place 1 and a half cookies in centre. Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the whipped cream mixture over cookies. Repeat with more layers, alternating the position of the cookies. End with layer of whipped cream mixture. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
To serve, top with strawberry halves and drizzle chocolate over berries.
- PROTEIN: 5 grams
- FAT: 29 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 50 grams
- CALORIES: 476
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 310 mg