This variation of the classic Cobb salad features local summer strawberries complimented with a sweet maple dressing – the perfect summer meal.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) stone ground Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups (1 L) torn Ontario Lettuce, such as Leaf or Romaine
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario Strawberries
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) chopped or sliced cooked Ontario Chicken, (about 200 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario Gouda Cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved Ontario Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Red Onion
- 4 hard-cooked Ontario Eggs, chopped
- 6 slices Ontario Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. Whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Salad: On serving platter, place lettuce. In rows, arrange strawberries, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, onion and egg. Sprinkle with bacon and pepper. Serve with dressing.
- PROTEIN: 36 grams
- FAT: 42 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 21 grams
- CALORIES: 601
- FIBRE: 4 grams
- SODIUM: 790 mg